Monday, June 21, 2010

Road Trip!

My last week or so at home was pretty crazy. I did my best to balance spending time with friends and family, and getting my stuff all ready to go. Thank goodness for AnnaMarie coming up a day or two before we left to help me with everything! You are a live saver!

Jane was a good helper, too! :)

I spent a lot of good, quality time with my friends. We went four-wheeling, had bonfires at the beach, and just hung out and talked. Saturday (June 12th) Alan, Brian, Judi, and Chantel all came to see me off. It was really sweet of them!

Maria and I were the only ones brave enough to jump in Lake Superior. It was REALLY cold.
Maria, Me, Chantel, Andy, Brian when we got back.
Then the adventure began. We spent about 5 days driving out here, stopping to see the Badlands (where it rained), Mount Rushmore (Where it rained harder), a Rodeo in Cody, Wyoming, and Yellowstone. It was a fun family trip! In Gardiner, Montana Dad even sent Hikaru, Benjamin, Christy, and I on a saddle and paddle trip. We spent two hours horse-back riding through the mountains, then two hours white water rafting in the Yellowstone River. It was really awesome!

The Badlands before it started raining on us.

Kaite really loved when we got to say "Ahh, Shucks!" when people fell off their horse or bull. We got into Provo on Wednesday afternoon and did a little bit of school shopping that night. Then on Thursday Dad and I wandered around campus for a while. It was all pretty confusing then, but it's only been a week and I am starting to know where I am most of the time. :) It's a really big campus!

So, Friday morning I started my New Student Orientation, which was great. I met a lot of cool people, met my roommate Sarah (who is very cool), and got to learn a lot about BYU. I really feel like this is where I am supposed to be right now, and I am so happy to be here. I said all my goodbyes on Friday, too. I miss all you guys! Then I stayed in my dorm that night. Everyone left for home on Saturday morning, so I really didn't see anyone then. Except to pick up some things I forgot at the condo. Benjamin and Christy met me halfway. Saturday was also Orientation and then by Sunday I realized that I actually have to start studying and going to classes on Monday.

The rest of my pictures are stuck on my camera until I order a card reader, so I'll add them to the posts eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment